You can use the dotPhoto download tool to allow a friend to download the original files of one of your dotPhoto albums. Unlike Dropbox, dotPhoto does not require your friend to install special software or to join dotPhoto to download your photos.
The only limitations are:
- The download feature only works for an entire album. If you want to share a download for just one photo, create an album, copy the photo to that album, and share the download link from that album.
- Your friend must download the photos within about 4 hours. Download links expire after about 4 hours, and are not meant to be posted for broad distribution.
Here is how to get a download link that you can send to a friend:
- Sign in to dotPhoto
- Click on an album.
- Click on Organize on the left.
- Click on Download at the bottom of the list.
- Right-click on the Download button, and choose Copy link address.
- Paste the link into an email to send to your friend who can click the link to download your album.
The link should look something like this (but this is not a working link): http://img.dotphoto.com/dl/1646017/6731598/1480715f72d439784g1f45a34f03e298/Album6731598.zip