A Club Member called who had a nice landscape picture of her child’s ball field, but she wanted a vertical portrait of her child in the field.
This cropping trick makes it easy to capture a perfect portrait from a wide image, or a group photo from a tall image.
- Tap the photo, and then the pencilicon (the photo editor) in the upper left.
- Choose the Crop tool from the edit bar.
- Choose the ratio for the photo you want to print. If you’re printing a 5×7, choose 7:5.
- Tap the 7:5 box again, and, voile!, it becomes a 5:7 vertical slice of the image. You can grab the middle of the crop area and move the rectangle, or grab the corner to further shrink your image.
- Now choose Apply, Save and Save as a New Image.